Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Strange Phenomenon!

I'm really not sure what has gotten into my youngest lately.

But this is what I heard at 10:30 yesterday morning.

"Mama, make soup!" "Make soup!" "Mama, make soup!"

And he kept repeating this louder and louder and gathering up all things necessary to make soup!

4 cans of Rotel CHECK

2 cans of Chili Beans CHECK

1 can of diced tomatoes CHECK

1 can of corn CHECK

1 large pan CHECK

1 large spoon CHECK



No, I did not make soup out of that. But we did have a can of vegetable beef soup at 10:30 in the morning!

Fast forward to this morning, "Mama, make tuna!" "Make tuna!"

Yes, my 3 yr old LOVES his tuna! He'd have it every day, if I'd let him.

So, when I tell him that it's 9:30 in the morning, and it's a little early in the day for that, he doesn't let that stop him.

He goes to the cabinet and pulls out the can of tuna.

Then goes to the refrigerator and pulls out the mayo and pickles.

Next, he pulls out the tupperware I put it in.

Then back to the appliance garage to pull out the can opener.

And, finally, tries to pull out a sharp knife! This is where I stopped him.

He did this, the first time, after watching me make tuna 1 time! Needless to say, his favorite thing to say is "watch Mama!"

I finally gave into his request at the more respectable hour of 10:30.

I wonder what we'll be eating at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

No comments: