Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What We Must Do

As most of you know, the man I wanted to be our next President gave his concession speech last night, and I cried! My heart is deeply saddened. I'm most upset that God's children are so divided right now. It troubles me. As I'm sure it does our Lord.
Today, I'm still sad, but the verse that has come to my mind several times is

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the
earth,
so are my ways higher than your
ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts..."
Isaiah 55:8-9

I know that my hope is not in man but in the Lord. I don't know why God has placed him in this position, but I know that HE did. It didn't surprise Him, and He did it for a reason.

And another verse that keeps coming to mind

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

Although, I know that my decision had nothing to do with race, I realize that people are going to be making it a big deal, one way or another. I have talked to my children about this and am confident that they know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that color played no part in my decision. I vote for a person's character, morals, and integrity, above all else.

I have peace that I did all I could by voting and trying to educate people about what I believe to be the real reasons one should vote for someone. The final outcome was in God's hands. And knowing that, brings me peace. He's still on His throne and this is all part of His plan.

So, join me in prayers for our Nation, because we're more divided now than ever before. Pray for revival. Pray for our President Elect and his family. Pray that he would seek God and His wisdom. And pray that the world could see a difference in Christians, and that they would desire it, too.

And because Beth Moore says it way better than I, here's a link to her post for today.

http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/11/united-house.html

It's a good read and what I needed to hear this morning.

Praying for our great country and our next President.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I heartily second your sentiments re: praying for our nation, despite the fact that I voted for the winner.

In thoroughly researching both candidates, there was shady, ungodly stuff in McCain's life too and I went with my heart in the end. I know you (And many others) did too, and pray that we can all set our faith in the Lord working all things out for good.

I do believe that our president elect wishes to unite and will continue to hold him to that standard.