Monday, February 2, 2009

The Things Kids Say

Sometimes it's not such a good thing when your 6 year old spouts off with a culturally relevant comment that actually fits the situation.

Last night, I was listening to a new song by Marvin Winans Jr and dancing a little. Yes, I'm a Southern Baptist, and I admit to attempting to dance on occasion.

It's ok. Really.

Anyway, I was in the kitchen and had just given C his nightly dinner staple, a Grilled Cheese, when I decided to let loose a little. C's sitting at the bar, he looks up from his food and at me and proceeds to say, "Ummmm, AWK.WARD!!"

Yeah, it's those kind of things that do a Mama's heart good.

I might have told him to just close his eyes and eat his dinner. And to not ask for any dessert, because he was not getting any.

Yep, probably something like that.

No comments: