Thursday, August 7, 2008

All in a day

Just for my record and to let you know what a day in my life can look like. Here’s a brief outline of T's activities for today.

We’ll start with one that isn’t actually detrimental to his health or well being. If Daddy gives you a bottle of Powerade, where do you pour it? Into the doggie’s water dish, of course. (Side note, dogs don’t care much for it.)

And after Mommy dumps out the Powerade and refills the dish with water, he proceeds to pour all of the doggie’s Kibbles ‘n Bits into said water. Fun, fun.

While Mommy is doing something very worthwhile on the computer (ok, I was feeding my blogging addiction, but a girl needs to laugh a little, doesn’t she?), he goes into his room and pulls down his brother’s little crayon bank and grabs Mommy’s wallet out of her purse. So that he can lighten Mommy’s load a little by cleaning out my change purse and putting the coinage into “his” bank. How very thoughtful of him!

Shortly after I clean up all the coins he’s spilled out of “his” bank, I hear a funny sound coming from his mouth, and since I know I haven’t given him anything to eat, I pry open his mouth to discover he’s shoved 3 quarters, 2 dimes, and 3 pennies into his little mouth all at once! Oh my goodness! And as I’m getting onto him and telling him how dirty money is, etc., he’s smiling and laughing. What’s wrong with this picture? I really was using my stern Mommy voice.

Then this evening, Hubby yells at me from the living room to ask if I’ve given him some Coke. What? Do I look that crazy to you? Hold on, don’t answer that. Anyway, it seems that T had found the left over Coke in the frig and had climbed up onto the cabinet to get himself a sippy cup, poured the Coke into it, and put the top on all by himself. Oh, and apparently, he spilled some of it, but he was nice enough to clean it up off the floor with my kitchen towel. And the reason I know this is, because I found the towel still on the floor covered in brown liquid. He’s certainly our most independent child!

And then, I guess he got all sugared and caffeined up, and decided to have some real fun. Because this is what I hear, Hubby telling T to get down right now!! Young man, get down now! T, get down off the chandelier right now! Yep, he decided to swing from the dining room chandelier! That’s definitely a new one for him!

Yes, that’s just all in a day for him!

No comments: