Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hubby's "new" business

I’m just glad I’m not the jealous type. Well, maybe I am just a little bit. You would be, too, if you were married to such a hunk.
Anyway, it seems my husband has started a secondary business, as if his first one doesn't already keep him way too busy. He’s now a match maker. Yep, that’s right. Mr. Manly Man is playing match maker.
And, it really shouldn’t surprise me, or anyone who knows him, because Hubby never meets a stranger. Everyone he meets loves him. Just one of the many reasons I fell head over heels in love with him. He has a wonderful, outgoing personality, and he loves to help people. Therefore, it’s just natural for him to be in this “second” business.
Yesterday, he calls me to relay this info. He’s currently doing some work for a divorced mother of an 8 year old. And while he’s there, he asks if she’s currently seeing anyone.
Wait, stop right there!
This is where most women would have a coronary!
And to be truthful, I did!
I start hyperventalilating and quickly ask him, “Ummm, just exactly how did you mean that?” He realizes my distress and says, “No, no, honey! I was asking for M.”
Oh, that’s good.
She says that’s funny he should ask, because she was getting ready to ask him if he had any buddies who were bachelors and might be interested in going out. It seems that she and Hubby get along well.
Isn't that nice?!
Like I said, I’m glad I’m not the jealous type.
He tells her he actually does have a buddy she might be interested in. He gives her M’s info and leaves the ball in her court.
I’m anxious to see how this plays out, because, really, we could use an extra stream of income!
I’m just a little concerned, because, although M is a wonderful guy, he’s nothing like Hubby. We’ve known M for 3 ½ years, and he’s truly great. He’s just not the outgoing type that Hubby is. For all of Hubby’s gregariousness, M is quiet and reserved.
M has impeccable taste, and if you didn’t know better, you’d swear his home belonged to a gay man.
Yes, I said it.
And you know it’s true.
I’d love to live in it. In fact, I’ve offered to do it on several occasions. He just hasn’t taken me up on it, yet.
But I’m patient.
So, that’s the first match he made this week. Yes, I said first, because shortly after, Hubby gets a call from a client who owns a hair salon. It seems that he has a client who does very well for herself, but who’s looking for a little love and companionship. He, too, wonders if Hubby knows anyone who might be interested. Crazy!!!
Who would’ve thought Hubby would have gotten 2 chances in one week to fix up a friend? I know, I still can’t believe it.
However, Hubby just so happens to have another buddy who just might be interested!
I think we might have something here! I can hear the wedding bells ringing and the sound of Kaching!
Maybe Hubby stumbled upon his true calling!

No comments: