Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sorry!

Let me apologize for my absence. I had NO intention of being gone so long.
At first, it involved a technical difficulty. I had planned to post C's first day of Kindergarten pictures on his first day, but seeing as how I'm still shooting film and our only 1 hour photo lab was down, that did not happen.
So, I asked Hubby if he'd kindly take the film to town the next day and get it developed there. He willing agreed, but his schedule, not so much.
Then, a few days later when I finally remembered them again, I returned to our 1 hour photo lab only to find out it was still down.
What?!
Really, how long does it take?!
I guess here in podunk town, a very long time.
All of that to say, I still haven't gotten those pictures developed. I figure, at this rate, I might have them done by the time he goes to Jr High.
I can hope.
So, that's how it started. Then, as I fed my blogging addiction, I got a little insecure. I know I don't write near as eloquently and thought provokingly(if that's even a word) as a whole lot of bloggers I read. And, I figured, what the hay.
Yeah, I have a little OCD in me, and I'm a little bit , ok a whole lot, competitive. If I can't be the best, why bother?!
And I stopped writing.
Basically, giving up.
That's my HUGE downfall. I know I need to be persistent, but I'm Queen of the Do Overs. Have been all my life. I believe it has something to do with being first born and all.
Now, at 37 years young, I'm trying to overcome it. I'm getting back on the horse and pressing onward.
I'll continue to write and post, if for nothing else, my sanity or lack there of. Because one day, my kids will be able to read these and know why their Mother is sitting in a padded room, banging her head against the wall, and drooling all over herself.
For now, I have lots of posts to compose, and I promise to do that real soon.

No comments: